Q: I had to use my 4x4 and know it will not shift back to AWD it is stuck in 4lo

I have a AWD Durango the 4x4 has never worked since I got it when u try to put it in 4lock/lo it says SVC4x4 I let my dad borrowed it he got it stuck and some how it went in 4lo but know when u try to switch back to AWD it says svc4x4 it is stuck in 4lo i have had 4x4 all my life I have tried everything I know and can not get it to switch back to AWD I'm affraid to drive it home in 4lo because I don't wanna tear something else up is there any way I can manually switch it back to AWD unhook something take something off I have read some forums online and there are a lot of people having problems with these Durango's shifting in 4x4 by itself while driving down the road a lot of people saying it's a wiring problem but mine ain't never done that I was told to unplug the wire to the transfer case motor but if I do won't it be in 4lo don't I gotta get it back in AWD first then I can unplug it I'm just stumped iv tried everything and it's still stuck in 4lo any advice on what I can do thank u

Based on your description, I believe that the issue is related to the transfer case. The transfer case could be having an electrical issue causing it to be locked in 4x4 low. I would recommend having your 4x4 system inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the issue. This could be anything from a switch or sensor all the way up to a full replacement transfer case. I would be difficult to say without fully inspecting the vehicle. Many transmission shops also service transmissions so you might consider one of them.

3. I had to use my 4x4 and know it will not shift back to AWD it is stuck in 4lo