Q: I believe i hydro locked by 2016 Dodge Charger.. what are the odds of them fixing the problems or totaling it?

asked by on August 30, 2017

I drove through water and hydrolocked the engine... it would not start after it shut off.. what is the likely hood that they will able to fix it at dealership, or will it be totaled?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kendell. Thanks for contacting us today. Although driving through standing water can cause a "hydro lock" situation, it many cases, the issue is actually due to electrical harnesses and sensors that are simply too wet to supply power to the engine. So, unless the vehicle has been officially inspected and determined that this has occurred, it’s quite possible that a problem can be found. However, if the issue is that water has entered the engine, it’s rather unlikely that a dealership would be able to resolve this problem without removal. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can determine the precise source of this issue and recommend the best course of action.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr