Q: Acceleration problem - 2002 Honda Civic

My car started slowing down and came to complete stop. It wouldn't accelerate anymore but it was still turn on. The next day in the morning I turned it on and it was running normal but as I continue driving one hour later, the car started having the same problems

A: Hi. I think you have a fuel supply problem....

Hi. I think you have a fuel supply problem. Either the fuel pump is failing (rapidly), or the fuel pump relay is failing - only working in short bursts until the contacts get so hot they won’t pass current to the fuel pump.

This is common in vehicles with your advanced mileage. In either case, I would recommend having an inspection by an expert mechanic to diagnose the acceleration problem and follow through with repairs.