Q: I had my crank sensor and cam sensor changed last March, supposedly it went out in August and was changed again.

A month after I had my sensors changed again, and my car died again and wouldn't start again. The new shop that changed my sensors the second time, told me the computer went bad and I needed a new one. So, after 5-6 weeks of waiting, my car still isn't fixed and I already paid almost 1300.00 and now their telling me, because the computer was messed up, it messed up my timing chain and that I needed a new one. Is that possibly true? They said they would get back to me on how much it's going to cost, and I've been waiting since Dec. I'm suing the auto shop for deceptive business practice. Any suggestions?

Hi, we will be happy to help how we can. Your vehicle should not have been handled like that. I can’t imagine the level of stress you’ve been enduring. A faulty computer will not cause a timing chain to go bad, unless it has variable valve timing. Your vehicle does not have variable valve timing. I would ask them to explain exactly what faults the timing chain has that makes replacement required. Is it stretched, broken, or is it just off of timing. These are questions that should be asked. After all you’ve been through with them they were should be willing to give you some type of proof that the vehicle needs what they’ve specified. It sounds like they may be throwing parts at the vehicle without actually diagnosing it, hoping it will fix your problem. Since you already have a lawyer on the case I believe that will be the best thing. You may want to check reviews from other customers to see if they have similar experiences to help strengthen your case.

• I had my crank sensor and cam sensor changed last March, supposedly it went out in August and was changed again.