Q: I had my AC compressor replaced a week ago car is now squealing very loudly.

I had a mechanic replace my AC compressor. He replaced the AC compressor without flushing the system or charging the system I don't know the terminology but said I could drive the car not long term but without taking it to another shop to have it charged the car is now squealing it's been about a week I'm wondering if that's the possible issue and I did not charge the system immediately I don't even know if it has oil in it I was told if I did not use the AC it would be okay I did run the heater though

If you turned on the defrost then you turned on the compressor power. The compressor would not have come on though since there is no refrigerant in the system. The belt squeal may be a belt tensioner not putting pressure on belt to keep it tight and need replaced. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic fix the a/c and belt squeal for you.

• I had my AC compressor replaced a week ago car is now squealing very loudly.