Q: i had a code for bad cam position sensor, i changed it and car still will not start? what else could be the problem

My car died while I was driving. I got it back to my house. I checked the codes with this CarMed device I have. It told me P0340 and P0344. I then changed the cam position sensor. No luck. car still will not start. The P0344 went away now I still have the P0340. Which is the circuit indicator. Where is that. How do I fix it.

Most of the time when a code is thrown that is related to the camshaft position sensor, the sensor is not the issue. It is possible that the crankshaft position sensor, the wiring for the camshaft or crankshaft position sensor, or the powertrain control module could be faulty. I would recommend having this issue inspected by a qualified professional to determine whether or not these other parts are functioning properly. If not, I would recommend having any faulty parts that do not past the test replaced as soon as possible in order to resolve this issue. YourMechanic can actually replace your camshaft position sense if necessary.

3. i had a code for bad cam position sensor, i changed it and car still will not start? what else could be the problem