Q: What could be causing the serious vibrations in the steering column and front end when the truck exceeds 35 mph?

I only feel the vibrations when the car exceeds 35 mph. The vibrations persist when pressing the accelerator or allowing the engine to slow on its own. Below 30 no vibrations can be felt.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The most common issues with vibrations at higher speeds are related to the tires or suspension. The first place to start is having the tires inspected. Make sure the tread is deep enough, the tread patterns are even, they are all properly inflated, and that they are balanced properly. Having your tires balanced first will eliminate it as a very highly probable cause. Then you will want to turn your attention to the suspension components, and your alignment. You can do a simple bounce test by walking around and pressing down on the fenders above the tires. If the car bounced up and down more than twice, you are having a suspension issue. As for the alignment, you can have that inspected at most tire shops. For more help, contact our service department for a full inspection.

3. What could be causing the serious vibrations in the steering column and front end when the truck exceeds 35 mph?