Q: I found a old fuel pump relay. Do I need to check that first before I get a fuel pump. I had the car for 6 years and I found one i

Do I need to check the fuel pump relay before I buy a fuel pump. Because I found a old one in my dash board. It been in there for 6 years. I guess who I bought the car from had changed it out and put the old in the dash board.

A: You can try it but a new relay is pretty ch...

You can try it but a new relay is pretty cheap and you'll spare yourself the question of whether it is good or not. If the fuel pump turns out to be bad, then I would put a new pump and relay in at the same time.

Do not forget to also replace the fuel filter, as it can cause the pump to work too hard to produce pressure.