Q: i cant find hydraulic lifter replacements on your quoting. is it an option?

asked by on August 17, 2017

so i removed my valve covers, rocker arms, and push rods to inspect them since i only recently bought this vehicle and one of the hydraulic lifters/tappets fell through. i didn't remove the cylinder head so i was a bit confused. anyways i was looking for a hydraulic lifter replacement on your quotes and i couldn't find it? if its easy i wouldn't mind doing it myself either im just not sure what happened or where the lifter could have gone. any input or help would be appreciated thank you!

If you pulled out one or more of your push rods you may have had a lifter pulled out of its hole and it would of fell onto the top of the engine block under the intake manifold. You will need to remove the intake manifold to locate the lifter and reinstall it or replace them after the intake is off.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr