Q: I can't tell if the lower or upper front control arms are going bad

Hello i am having trouble with my girlfriends 2004 turbo pt cruiser her mom took it into a local mechanic shop and they told her that the front control arms and wheel bearings where going bad and needed to be replaced i have some experience doing breaks and stuff like that i dont want to shell out the money to do it myself i just dont know how to tell which the upper and lower are going bad there aren't any indications that anything is wrong other than having to put in some power steering fluid the bearings have to be replaced they are squeaking i just dont know about the control arms

3. I can't tell if the lower or upper front control arms are going bad