Q: I can't keep fluid in my radiator on my Chevy s 10 pu truck

Hello I have a question to ask... I can't keep fluid in my radiator on my Chevy s 10 pu truck 2. 2l . I don't have a milky dipstick no water in my oil and no bubbles in the radiator when i use the ac it runs hot ....I been a whole day looking for leeks, But i did find a spot of antifreeze by number 4 spark plug on the head. what steps do i take ?

Hey there,

The cooling system that keeps your 95 Chevrolet S-10 running smooth is comprised of multiple parts that all work together to circulate coolant and water through the engine (and in many cases the transmission through a separate cooler). One of the most overlooked parts that can cause fluid to leak, especially during vehicle operation is the water pump. There are multiple seals and gaskets that, over a period of time, begin to wear out, crack and eventually cause fluid to leak from the water pump.

On a 95 Chevy S-10, the water pump is located on the front of the motor, but occasionally water leaking from the gasket or seal will run along the bottom of the engine and drop water close to that number 4 cylinder. There are other coolant lines that run along that area as well that might have a small hole that is causing the leak.

The best solution here is to either replace all the hoses that run along that area, replace the water pump and seals, or contact a local ASE certified mechanic to come and inspect the coolant leak and complete the repairs for you. Completing an inspection before making the repairs would be the safest route to take so that you avoid spending money replacing things do not need repair. Try to take care of the leak as soon as possible, as an engine running hot for an extended period of time can lead to significant engine damage.

3. I can't keep fluid in my radiator on my Chevy s 10 pu truck