Q: I am worried about some engine noise

I drive a 2008 Ford Focus with 68,000 miles on it, and about a month ago the rear end started making a strange noise. It wasn’t too loud and didn’t noticeably affect the performance of the car, but yesterday a tire blew out when I was going over a bumpy part of the road. I didn’t think the rear end noise could be that bad, even on a front-wheel drive car! What could have happened to cause the blowout?

The rear suspension wheel bearings are worn, causing your tire to get excessive wear on the inside edge. Without looking, you may not have noticed the excessive wear at the inside edge of the tires nor at the outside edge. The rear wheel bearings will need to be replaced and you should have the front bearings checked as well since bearings on the Ford Focus are prone to wearing out. After these repairs, a 4 wheel alignment will need to be done and any worn tires replaced.

3. I am worried about some engine noise