Hey I recently got my oil changed and my car is making a ...

Hey I recently got my oil changed and my car is making a knocking noise when I start it up Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? I got my oil chang...

Hey I recently got my oil changed and my car is making a knocking noise when I start it up Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? I got my oil changed on the 1st and by the second ..around 8 my car started to knock and the oil lamp came back on ! Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2007 Hyundai [Sonata](/topics-sonata/) Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far? No I’m not . I tried adding more oil to hold over until today and it still making this loud knocking noise while being in idle my car has 72810 miles on it Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? That’s all

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Ok, did you check the oil level on the dipstick before adding oil and was it a the full mark, low or too high? Have you seen any oil puddles underneath the vehicle

I've seen oil underneath my car yesterday . I checked that stick yesterday but the oil looked dark
Automotive Expert
HI, Ok, it is possible that the shop that did the oil change did not tighten the oil plug properly or stripped it, or that they did not remove the oil filter seal and it now has 2 oil seals which will not properly seal and is leaking oil. In either case, the shop is responsible. You need to call the shop and let them know and have them come pick up the vehicle at their expense and repair what is leaking. If the knocking is still present after repaired and oil level is correct, then they will be responsible for the cost of repairing the knock if it was not present before hand. Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

Very helpful information thank you
Automotive Expert
you are welcome and always happy to help out