Q: Humming sound while accelerating and decelerating. 2012 Kia Optima

I have a 2012 Kia Optima with 61,000 miles on it I just noticed today that when I accelerate it makes a humming sound that starts somewhat quiet and continues to get louder. When I accelerate or am on the highway it seems to be higher pitched and as I slow down, especially rolling, the sound gets louder and deeper.

Hi there - noises which get louder with increased road speed can be come from tires, or from worn wheel bearings. If there is any vibration felt through the steering wheel, or noises which increase when turning left or right - these symptoms can be helpful in isolating the problem as well. The outside wheels on turns carry more load - so increased noise on freeway on/off-ramps tells you which side is the problem. For assistance, I recommend a noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Humming sound while accelerating and decelerating. 2012 Kia Optima