Q: how van i tell if i need a new reservoir tank or check the sensor

I changed water pump and thermostat seem to work fine for a while

Hi there:

Of all the components of the coolant system, the reservoir tank is one of the most durable. However, there are a few warning signs of a bad reservoir tank that you should consider. First, if you notice any radiator fluid collecting under the reservoir, its most likely cracked and should be replaced. Second, if you smell radiator fluid while you are driving, this is most likely caused by a broken or loose overflow hose, and should also be replaced.

One of our professional ASE certified mechanics that lives in your area can complete an inspection for you and let you know if your reservoir tank needs to be replaced.