Q: How to replace the engine fuse box 2010 chev hhr

Started out changing thermostat then the sensor my husband neighbor decided to work on it. They didn't know the battery was in the trunk. They thought it was under the fuse box so started taking it apart when the tried to put it together they striped one of the bolts. Engine light came on and so did reduce Engine power.has it towed to chevy dealership n said it needed new fuse box 800.00 so I got the part but having problems separating it in half I don't want to break the clipstheir plastic need to know how to undo the plastic clips .

Hi Lynda. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Replacing the fuse box is a rather delicate procedure that requires some specialty tools to complete correctly. With the car being more than five years old, it’s quite possible that you’re going to snap a few of the tabs regardless, so it’s best to purchase a replacement kit that includes those. If you’re going to attempt to do this job on your own, you really need to purchase a service and repair manual for your 2010 HHR and follow the steps exactly as written - and in the order they recommend.