Q: How to keep my car run well for years?

I just bought a used BMW 2011. It runs very well for now, my question is: How to keep my BMW car run well for years?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I would suggest ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would suggest following the preventative maintenance schedule located in your owner’s manual. Vehicle manufactures provide these for owners to follow to ensure the longevity of each vehicle. Some basic preventative items include, but are not limited to, changing all fluids at the suggested intervals, timing belt, and water pump.

Here is an article on the BMW’s maintenance service indicator system, which you may find useful. Here is also an article about general maintenance suggestions for any car. I think it’s awesome that you want to take care of your vehicle!