Q: How much would iti icost to have my CV axle replaced on the driver side of a 2004 Lexus GX470? Both boots are torn.

asked by on August 25, 2017

My front cv axle boots on the driver side ripped. I need the axle replaced with OEM.

If you use a genuine OEM Lexus axle, it is around $400 to $500 for the axle (need your VIN number to make it precise). To obtain the exact labor quote to install the axle, please use YourMechanic’s online estimator for cv axle shaft replacement. Once you click on "Get a Quote" you will see labor itemized apart from the aftermarket axle cost. Of course, if you schedule the service, simply note that you require the OEM part and that OEM Lexus part will be ordered for you from the dealer and the part price manually adjusted. The labor cost is identical regardless of which axle you use. The axle seal should be replaced, as well, to ensure no leaks after re-assembly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.