Q: How much to replace engine crank sensor

Driving 30 miles per hour, engine died, brakes, power steering. I heard a noise in very front of car. My husband looked on internet. From all indications, appears to be engine crank sensor.

Hello...a Mechanic would have to confirm the diagnosis by testing the sensor output with either a graphing multi meter or an oscilloscope. It is possible that it is not the sensor itself but rather engine wiring and pin connections to the sensor and/or communication to the PCM (powertrain control module). It is also possible the problem is entirely unrelated to the CPS (crankshaft position sensor). The reason for doing a diagnosis is you could end up replacing a perfectly good sensor only to discover that the problem is a loose wire. If the CPS is bad, they cost in the neighborhood of $50 and labor is approximately 1 hour based on the steps printed in the service manual for the car. YourMechanic would first diagnosis the problem and then repair based on the diagnostic results.

3. How much to replace engine crank sensor