Q: How much should I pay to replace both of my front brakes and rotars together. I have 75600 miles and a shop is telling me 450 doll

I know it's time for breaks but how do if I know it's time for rotors. My brakes are not squeaking or squealing. I don't want to be cheated out of my money because it's tax time and I am a female. I don't think I even paid that my much for my back breaks.

Hello there. Typically front brake service at a brake replacement shop includes replacing the brake pads and inspecting the width of the brake rotors. In some cases, the rotors can be "turned" or cleaned up mechanically by grinding very small amounts of the rotor until it is smooth. However, if the rotors are too thin, which can happen naturally, they will need to be replaced. The cost estimate of $450 they gave you; if this included new rotors and pads for the front is about average for your 2012 Dodge Journey. If you have had the front brakes replaced before, it is more than likely that your rotors have worn thin and should be replaced. This is a service that our mobile mechanics offer, so you might want to request a quote for brake rotors / pads replacement for your car, so you can compare pricing.

3. How much should I pay to replace both of my front brakes and rotars together. I have 75600 miles and a shop is telling me 450 doll