Q: How much is it to replace wheel studs?

I was just told that I have missing studs and some are threaded. I want to know how can that happen and how much is it to get them replaced.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there - the wheel studs on your vehicle are pressed in - from behind the hub. This makes it really difficult to understand how they can be "missing". They are pressed in under considerable force, and pretty-much have to be pressed back out. If a stud is stripped (air wrench at a tire shop can do this easily), the remains of the old stud must be removed, again, with force, before the new stud is pressed in. I would recommend wheel stud replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.