Q: How much is it to replace wheel studs?

I was just told that I have missing studs and some are threaded. I want to know how can that happen and how much is it to get them replaced.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there - the wheel studs on your vehicle are pressed in - from behind the hub. This makes it really difficult to understand how they can be "missing". They are pressed in under considerable force, and pretty-much have to be pressed back out. If a stud is stripped (air wrench at a tire shop can do this easily), the remains of the old stud must be removed, again, with force, before the new stud is pressed in. I would recommend wheel stud replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How much is it to replace wheel studs?