Q: how much cost transmission sensor (in and out)?

hi, i have been told that i need to change my transmission sensor (out and in) and the electric cables for my kia optima. I have been told that it cost around $400 with everything. Do you agree with the pricing? My car has issues to shift to the upper gear when i drive, sometimes, not every time.

Hi there:

It really depends on which transmission sensor needs to be replaced. There are multiple sensors, however in most cases, the transmission speed sensor is the one that typically wears out sooner than others and requires replacement. The cost estimate about $400.00 is a bit high, but on par with what most automotive shops or a dealership would charge for this service.

3. how much cost transmission sensor (in and out)?