Q: How Long Does Clutch Fluid Last?

asked by on December 01, 2015

How long does clutch fluid last?

Clutch fluid in most vehicles is the same as what is used in most brake systems, brake fluid. The fluid over time will get contaminated with moisture, dirt, debris, and internal clutch master and slave cylinders wear materials. All of these contaminants will start to cause excessive wear to the clutch master and slave cylinder seals if not removed. This can be done by flushing out the complete system with only new fresh brake fluid recommended by the manufacturer. Some manufacturers do not give any fluid change interval originally, but only will during replacement.

Most vehicles that give a recommended fluid replacement interval say that the clutch fluid should be replaced every 30,000 miles, or if the fluid has excessive debris.