Q: How Does a Radiator Work to Cool Off an Engine?

How does a radiator work to cool off an engine?

3. How Does a Radiator Work to Cool Off an Engine?

Q: I have oil and water mixing in the engin but there is no oil in on the plugs.

No. There is only 1 common possibility for this engine to get water into the oil, and that is a blown head gasket. This often, but not always, follows an overheating event, and some times also occurs with vehicle mileage...

Q: Coolant leaking - I have to put antifreeze in every couple days to keep heat warm. But it's not overheating. 2005 Dodge Caravan

Hi there - unfortunately, a slow leak like this will require a close look, while the engine is hot, and running. Most likely, this is not a water pump failure - that would not hold out a year. A hose...

Q: Car squealing when I add water to the radiator

The noise you are hearing is cold water hitting hot metal and turning to steam, like a steam whistle. You may have an intake or head gasket leaking where the head and intake meet in the front, or back, of...