Q: How do you use the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system?

How do you use the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system?

Your Altima is equipped with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system. It’s designed to help make securing car seats (and your kids) simpler, while adding another layer of safety. Here’s how to use the system.

1. Locate the anchor points between the junction of the seat bottom and back.

2. Secure the car seat to each anchor with tethers (provided by the car seat manufacturer).

3. Front facing car seats should also be secured with a tether to the upper anchor point located above the seat back.

4. Test the seat to make sure it’s secure.

Tips

• Not all car seats are made to work with the LATCH system.

• If your car seat is secured in this way, you don’t need to use the seat belt to secure it.

• Some car seats use a rigid tether rather than a flexible one. Both work with your Altima.

3. How do you use the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system?