Q: Strong smell in the car - 2003 Volkswagen Beetle

We just bought a second hand beetle and theres a very strong stench in the car and its not going away. It stays on my hair and my clothes and its getting very annoying. Apparently its because of some polish used in the car. How do i get rid of it ?

Hi there. Sometimes the chemical cleaners used during vehicle detailing are very strong. Attempting to get rid of the smell by using another product may just intensify your vehicle’s odor problem. You could try leaving the windows open whenever possible to air out your vehicle’s condition. Not knowing the odor, I would recommend having a local expert inspect the smell to see if it could be related to any faulty components. After examining the situation, they can advise you on the best actions to take for your situation.