Q: How do you know which side to fix?

when i turn my car on it makes a very loud grinding noise

3. How do you know which side to fix?

Q: Q: Car keeps overheating

When a car overheats when it is sitting still or moving slowly, this is because the cooling fans are not turning on. If the car is fine while moving, the thermostat is fine, although, anytime a motor overheats, it can...

Q: Crackling, grinding noise coming from the front.

As you are guessing, yes, the noise could be due to wear or a failure in the transmission or differential. A trained mechanic will sometimes be able to "source" the noise simply on inspection, once he or she hears it....

Q: Buzzing noise inside dash 2002 Dodge Dakota

Hi there - several possibilities here for a buzzing sound, as this is not an uncommon issue. Quite possibly the auto shutdown relay or the fuel pump relay are buzzing due to burned contacts. There are also instances where the...