Q: How do you know which side to fix?

when i turn my car on it makes a very loud grinding noise

3. How do you know which side to fix?

Q: Thermostat - 2009 Mercury Milan

Hello there. This is a common issue with your Mercury Milan. If the coolant temperature sensor reads improperly, it will set the service engine light and require replacement. This sensor is located in the thermostat housing. You can buy the...

Q: Where is the grinding noise coming from?

Hello. If this only occurs in one direction, then I usually check inside of the fender well for shinny spots. If there are any shinny areas, that would mean that there is something rubbing, such as the tire rubbing. If...

Q: I hear a bird chirping type noise (or metal-on-metal) when accelerating

Hi there. The metal-to-metal sound coming from an engine during acceleration is commonly due to low oil levels. The sound is caused by the valves or cylinder head hardware clanking due to reduced oil pressure or improper lubrication. However, there...