Q: how do you fix the problem of a/c off due to high engine temp. my fluids are all fine, I'vie check and replaced the sensor at the

As stated above , the a/c shut down screen came up and the check engine light is now on. I've checked and replaced one of the coolant temp sensors, the coolant seems to be flowing through the system and there is good heat in the cabin. When I turn on the A/C switch inside and crank to full, it feels as if I'm getting some pretty cold air , although because it's 31* outside, that's hard to tell. I wish to fix this problem myself as I can't afford to pay the high prices for the repair elsewhere, but I'm stuck as to how to proceed. I've also checked fuses that seem to be related to the a/c or fan..no help there. Please tell me how to proceed and if it is okay for my wife to drive the car this way, and if so....for how long before damage occurs?

3. how do you fix the problem of a/c off due to high engine temp. my fluids are all fine, I'vie check and replaced the sensor at the