Q: How do I temporarily disable my anti-theft on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe while it is on the Amtrak AutoTrain

Shipping my car via Amtrak Auto Train, and wish to temporarily disable the horn/headlight anti-theft while in transit. How can I do that?

As far as deactivating the built-in immobilizer, there is no user accessible option to do that. A Hyundai dealer might have access to a control interface to modify the immobilizer but then anything the dealer does will have to be reversed later. If you just want to make sure the alarm doesn’t go off, put a master switch on the battery. Such a switch is inserted between the negative battery post and the body ground. This type of user friendly switch is commonly available in auto parts stores. When you want to shut off power to the car (including the alarm functions) you simply open the hood and open the switch. When you’re ready to use the car, close the switch. If you desire installation of a master shut off switch at your location, please request an electrical service/installation appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. How do I temporarily disable my anti-theft on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe while it is on the Amtrak AutoTrain