Q: How do I stop the squeaking in my engine

I got the alternator replaced, a second time because the first one was faulty, when I got the car back it was squaking. I assumed it was because he had to take of the serpentine belt and when he put it back on it must have done something... It isn't loose and it isn't slipping. I put belt conditioner on it but it made it worse. Can I fix this on my own, is it one of the pulleys?

Hi there. If you applied belt conditioner on the alternator belt and it made the squeaking noise worse, it’s possible that the tensioner or pulley is damaged. It’s common for a belt to squeal if it’s loose as well. Whether you can complete this service or not depends on your mechanical experience and access to specialized tools to replace pulleys. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location first and complete a car is making a noise inspection. This will allow them to inspect your vehicle and determine exactly what’s causing the noise and recommend the right repairs.