Q: How do I fold down the driver rear seat?

How do I fold down the driver rear seat?

Like the passenger rear seat, the driver rear seat of your Altima is designed to fold down. This is to provide more space for bulky objects carried in the trunk, as well as for easier access to the trunk itself. Don’t worry – folding the seat down is actually easy. Here’s how to do it:

1. First, uncover the button that releases the passenger seat back.

2. Press the button and fold the passenger seat back down.

3. Reach behind the driver rear seat and locate the strap hanging from the back.

4. Pull the strap.

5. Lower the driver rear seat back toward the bottom of the seat.

6. To return the seat to its original position, simply raise the seat back into place. Push on it until you hear the latch click.

Tip

You can lock the rear seat backs with your car key to provide better safety.