Q: How come my car doesn't start even if the ignition is turned on? I have to wait too long to start the car.

My car doesn't start even if the ignition is turned on. I still have to wait for the battery light indicator to lit up for it to start.

Hello - I am wondering if the "battery light to light up" is a coincidence, or if that indicator light is truly slow in coming on after you have turned the key to the "Run" or "Start" position? If you are saying that the starter turns more than a second or two before the engine starts, that problem could be a weak fuel pressure check valve. That valve should maintain a certain amount of pressure in the fuel system so that starting time is fast first thing each day. If the valve is weak and leaking down, the fuel pump must run longer before adequate pressure to fire the injectors is available. Either way - this problem should be covered by Honda warranty. If not, I would recommend having a car is hard to start inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• How come my car doesn't start even if the ignition is turned on? I have to wait too long to start the car.