Q: high engine temp

i measure engine temp via OBD2 device. at normal driving it shows 203* to 210* F which is supposed to be around 190F. and fan goes max right on 210F. no error code, coolant level is ok, no leaking, no check engine light. at idle it increases to 205F and when start driving it goes up to 210F at 70MPH or higher. max temp i observed was 216*F driving high hills 60-70MPH.

Hi there. The temperatures you’ve indicated are a bit higher than they should be. In most cases, this is due to a radiator that is wearing out or not having the correct ratio of coolant to distilled water inside the system. Your coolant system is designed to help remove heat from the engine during operation. The engine creates a great deal of heat, and coolant is circulated throughout to absorb heat, and then remove it. The coolant flows through the engine, and then back into the radiator. Fins built into the radiator help disperse the heat as air passes over them. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine is running hotter than normal inspection, so they can isolate the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. high engine temp