Q: HID Bulbs

My car has its right headlight bulb going pink when I have my lights on. I have a "D2S" bulb socket and I was wondering if any "D2S" will work or if it has to be from BMW, because they want to charge me an arm and a leg

Hey there. BMW’s use a specific color temperature for HID bulbs. Aftermarket D2S bulbs will work, but won’t match 100% in regards to color. If you’re going to use an aftermarket D2S bulb, replace both so they will match. Be extremely careful handling HID lighting, it can be fatal as it produces 25,000 volts of electricity. Always make sure the key is out of ignition and the switch is off before servicing it. Handle the new bulbs with latex or nitrile gloves because the oils in your skin can destroy the new bulbs. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose and replace your headlights as necessary to ensure a proper fix for this issue.