Q: 2004 acura mdx timing belt service: what components do you recommend replacing

2004 acura mdx timing belt service: we are considering purchasing a 2004 acura mdx. what components do you recommend replacing when you do a timing belt service, and what is total ball park cost?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When changing the timing belt, it is often recommended to change the water pump, chain tensioner, and the gaskets involved with accessing the timing chain. The price is vary greatly depending on what kind of parts you are buying and who you are buying them from. However, they do sell a timing chain "kit" for you vehicle, meaning it comes with everything you will need. If you are doing the work yourself, this may be a good way to cut costs. Secondly, at the same time it is recommended you change the serpentine or drive belt and its tensioner as well. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2004 acura mdx timing belt service: what components do you recommend replacing