Q: Hi my Chrysler 200 gear won’t shift to park

asked by on November 10, 2017

The gear knob won’t shift to park what i do

Car is not shifting into park Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The 2015 model of the Chrysler 200 was recalled ((22,107 cars were recalled) to resolve an issue very similar to what you are describing. If you input your VIN number at the NHTSA website you can determine whether your specific vehicle was included in the recall. If your vehicle was recalled, but the required repairs were not yet made, a Chrysler dealer will resolve this for you. If your vehicle was not included in the recall campaign the advice becomes a little more involved and would depend, for instance, on what the exact failure mode is in your circumstance. In particular, if your failure is the same as that referred to in the recall and yet your call was not recalled, obviously NHTSA will be interested in hearing from you. What I would suggest is if your vehicle was not recalled, request a service appointment and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will both resolve the fault and let you know of your recourse in this matter. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.