Q: My car over heated 4 times and there is a loud rattle noise coming from the right hand side .

I have a ford mondeo 2008 not Ford Focus . Large rattling noise from right hand side when idle and stopping at signal Car over heats 4 times , stop car to cool down , Then took it home . Acceleration was slow and rpm was high when only pressing little .

When your car overheats, it’s best to find the problem before driving the car again. Each time the engine overheats, there is a little bit of damage done whether you can notice it or not and it can eventually shorten the life of your engine. That said; at 167,000 miles it could be just about anything, but your noise in the right front makes me think you have a problem with your water pump. You can have that checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating Ford and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. My car over heated 4 times and there is a loud rattle noise coming from the right hand side .