Q: Hi I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8. I recently had to replace the solenoid pack that contained sensors that were not w

Hi I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8. I recently had to replace the solenoid pack that contained sensors that were not working. It out my car into limp mode but I took some time to get it moving by revving the rpms up to 4,000. With that it would jolt forward and get to moving. I drove it home going only 25 because it wouldn't let me go any faster. I ordered the part mysself and fixed the problem. I assumed it was this because of the codes I received having to do with the sensors. I could also see that the gasket on the solenoid pack was broken causing a leak. When I turned my car on after repairing it moved normally when I put it in drive and reverse without touching the gas. I was excited that I had fixed it but when I took it on the road it seemed like it was still in limp mode not letting me go any faster than 25-30 mph. I have read that I need to reset the ECU after making a transmission repair but I am not sure what to do. The jeep starts and runs great until I get to t

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

No re-set is necessary. The adaptive shift points will re-establish themselves (in computer memory) simply by operating the car. First determine if codes associated with limp mode, or any transmission fault, are still present. If so, those codes must be resolved. It may be that the cause of the transmission fault, or limp mode, lies elsewhere and that could include the transmission control module, vehicle speed sensor, and even engine controls such as the throttle position sensor. A bottom line is this will have to be diagnosed with an advanced scan tool that can report transmission operating conditions on a real time basis. To obtain that diagnostic, please schedule service using YourMechanic’s shift diagnostic/limp mode service request page. If you request that service the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location and get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr