Q: Hey Chris. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it buy an extended warranty for my 2014 328i. The "gold" level warranty is pretty pr

Hey Chris. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it buy an extended warranty for my 2014 328i. The "gold" level warranty is pretty pricey costing over 3k. Do you feel it's worth the investment or can I expect the car to handle normally with regular maintenance? I'm unsure how reliable BMW's are as they reach the 3 or 4 year mark of ownership and mileage above 50k.

Hi there. As a BMW owner myself, and a professional mechanic, I’ve invested in this extended warranty for multiple reasons. First off, BMW’s are very complex and require a lot of diagnosis in order to complete repairs when things go wrong. However, when issues occur, it’s typically a parts failure. This is where the warranty is valuable. In regards to the way that BMW’s maintain, as long as you stay on top of routine service, the car should last you quite some time. The biggest variable is if you’re buying a previously owned vehicle, you don’t know how well the previous owner took care of the vehicle.

• Hey Chris. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it buy an extended warranty for my 2014 328i. The "gold" level warranty is pretty pr