Q: Hello I’m having a lot of problems with my pt cruise and I don’t know what to do anymore. We replaced Both Oxygen sensors, MAP and

It starts up but it will shut down if it doesn’t get any gas. Hello I’m having a lot of problems with my pt cruise and I don’t know what to do anymore. We replaced Both Oxygen sensors, MAP and MAF sensors, intake gaskets, timing belt and water pump, spark plugs and cam sensor, then the computer. Once we installed the computer the car is now saying we need to replace everything else we recently just installed. Is there anything else we can do for the car?

If the car is starting with no issue but the problem is immediate stalling typical causes for such immediate stalling (some of which you have addressed) are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. There is also a possibility that the idle speed is too low. With regard to parts, only parts that actually test faulty should be replaced. It is extremely rare for an engine computer to fail. In your circumstance, the actual fault can be identified through a diagnostic and once the specific fault is identified then the repair strategy will be clear. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hello I’m having a lot of problems with my pt cruise and I don’t know what to do anymore. We replaced Both Oxygen sensors, MAP and