Q: heater core

I have successfully removed the heater core!!! It is a copper/brass core. My next question is do I need to replace it with the same type of metal or can I opt for the aluminum? Trying to understand the issues behind this. Would it just be easier for me to get it recored? Also, I'm assuming I should go ahead and replace the heater hoses just in case. Please help!!

The type of metal should not make much of a difference as long as the heater core is shaped the same way and has the same style hose fittings as the one that came out. I would certainly recommend replacing the heater hoses as well for preventive maintenance purposes.