Q: Heater and A/C does not work

It use to work normal than it only worked on high (5) and now it doesn't work at all only when I drive if I have it on cool an cold cold comes out or heat only when I drive what is the issue

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s inoperative heater and A/C, may be a combination of problems. First, the inoperative blower motor needs to be diagnosed. A common failure with your vehicle is, the blower resistor and burnt electrical connector at the blower resistor. Inspection of the blower motor for excessive draw should be performed. It could also be, a faulty blower motor switch. The outlet temperature can be further inspected once the blower is working. I recommend having your vehicle’s heater and A/C inspected by a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to have this resolved properly.