Q: Heat/ ventilation

So when the air is on defrost and floor it comes out of the top vents hot no matter what the temp dial is on and when set to floor/ vents it comes out of the top vents only but cold and when on vents it comes out cold as well. I checked the blend doors and they are in working condition but in the back of the vents I see what looks like flaps that are supposed to close and they stay open. I'm usually pretty good with cars but I can not figure out the issue here and then also the climate dial will not turn into the cold spot when you turn it there is resistance right when you get to just before the cold

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The climate control switch has a short in it and is keeping the exterior blend doors open and not shutting them. Check for voltage a the exterior blend door motor. If there is voltage, then the blend door motor has failed. If there is no voltage, then check for voltage at the switch. If there is no voltage at the switch but the switch has voltage to it, then the switch has failed. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your heat / ventilation system, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.