Q: Heat blows when heat is off.

The heat blows on feet mode full blast when I turn on the car. If I press the off button, it still blows, I can put it in different modes, but Ithe still blows.

Hi There, If your heater only blows when the setting is on high, this may suggest that you have a faulty blower motor resistor. The highest speed setting may still work because in most cars in the highest fan speed settings the current bypasses the blower motor resistor. In some cars, if the resistor is failed, the fan may stop working completely. Another reason a blower motor resistor may fail is when the blower motor has a mechanical problem or when a foreign object jams the blower motor fan blade and prevents it from spinning freely. This leads to increased current through the resistor and causes it to overheat and fail. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your system to determine what may be causing the fan not to work properly.

3. Heat blows when heat is off.