Q: Hear a rattling sound when pressing gas

I hear a rattling sound when pressing gas once up to speed

One of the number one causes for rattling noises on an automobile while driving would be a loose heat shield on the exhaust. These heat shields are made of thin sheet metal and are intended to prevent excess heat from reaching components that are near the exhaust system. I would recommend having your exhaust system professionally inspected to check for any loose heat shields. If any loose heat shields are found, I would recommend having them replaced in order to resolve this issue.

Hi there. A rattling sound can be caused by multiple component failure ranging from loose drive belts, pulleys and brackets, to internal engine components including valve train hardware. In order to diagnose this problem, you’ll have to contact a local mobile mechanic and have them complete an inspection to determine the source of your rattling problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr