Q: Headlights and dashboard both blink rhythmically when I turn them on 2003 Element

Hi Dan, my 2003 Element's headlights and dashboard both blink when I turn them on. I'm guessing its the alternator but wanted to reach out here in case there's something I might be missing.

Pete walker

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. There is a loose ground wire and a short in the ground system with the light switch. Turn the key off and rotate the switch back and forth fast for about 10 times. If there was any corrosion on the contacts, then this will clean them and then recheck the light switch. If the lights did not flicker anymore, then I recommend replacing the switch. If the lights still flicker, then look for a loose ground under the dash around where the switch is. Tighten up the ground and check again. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your lights, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint the electrical concern and follow up with repairs.

3. Headlights and dashboard both blink rhythmically when I turn them on 2003 Element