Q: Having some running issues. Needing help to narrow it down.

Truck is showing the wrench light. Code showing is p0401 (egr). As soon as it started the truck began to shift odd and rough.

Usually when you have a wrench logo lit up on your dash it indicates that you need an oil change. As for the EGR code, this is most likely the reason that your vehicle is running rough. A faulty EGR valve or other issues with the EGR system can cause misfires and rough running engines. I would recommend having a certified professional inspect your EGR valve for proper function. If the EGR valve turns out to be faulty, I would recommend having it replaced with a new one. Consider YourMechanic for the EGR valve replacement as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your EGR valve for you.