Q: Horn is extremely sensitive after putting it back in the steering wheel.

I took the center piece out of my steering wheel, did it by the books. Replaced steering wheel trim, put everything back together and now the horn is extremely sensitve. So I took the fuse out for the horn didn't know why it was so sensitive.

Hi there. See if the springs were installed properly to the horn. Also, check to see if the wiring to the horn was tight and not loose. A return spring on a horn button will sound the horn sooner with a little amount of effort if the spring is installed incorrectly or if the spring is collapsed. Also loose wiring to the horn will short out causing the horn to sound. If you need further assistance with your horn not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Horn is extremely sensitive after putting it back in the steering wheel.