Q: Groaning noise in SUV front end

My SUV has around 112,000 miles. Lately, there has been a groaning noise in the front end, when I start the car, when I accelerate, and it is the worst when I make turns. After the car warms up, the problem dissipates, but never goes away completely. There is plenty of power steering fluid. What should I check for next and how do I fix this?

Hello. There are several components that could be causing this problem. The power steering pump, serpentine belt tensioner, serpentine belt pulley, or water pump could be going bad. It is also possible that the compressor clutch is faulty. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of your vehicle to pinpoint why your car is making a noise.