Q: Good evening , I want to see if it's possible to swap the engine to a small block Chevrolet. What are the main issues?

Good evening , I want to see if possible to swap the engine to a small block chevy. what are the main issues . If the swap possible.

Hi there. You can swap the engine in your vehicle, but you will need to swap the electrical system for the engine to run properly. If you plan on using a newer model with the computer system for OBD2, then the computer and all of the electronics including the fuel system needs to be swapped over. The exhaust system will need to be swapped over as well. Plus, either you can get an adapter plate and a spacer for the clutch and adapt the Toyota transmission to the Chevrolet engine, or you will have to install the engine with a GM transmission. If you need to change the transmission, you will need to modify the driveshaft to fit the transmission, have the right length to the differential, and fit the differential. You also will need to modify the engine mounts to fit the engine and transmission. If you need further assistance with your engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Good evening , I want to see if it's possible to swap the engine to a small block Chevrolet. What are the main issues?